Monday 30 October 2017

Sewing - Sew Magazine Wool Cape

Pattern: Sew Magazine's January 2016 Wool Cape

Main Fabric: 3 meters of pink tartan from Ebay, wool or wool blend

Lining: 3 meters of pink viscose, also from Ebay.

Sundries: two kilt buckles, I decided on black. Thread to match the wool fabric, and black thread for the buckles.

Modifications: I topstitched around the neck and around the bottom of the cape to prevent the lining from bagging at the bottom. If I were to make it again, I would do a bit of self-facing at the bottom like the inside of the front opening, and probably make the lining shorter still.

Untitled


The scariest part was cutting the arm-holes out! 

Verdict: It's pretty cool! I'm not sure how practical it is, but we'll see. I wonder if I could wear it on the bike...

No comments:

Post a Comment